Friday, October 20, 2006

What Good Have Muslims Done for Us Lately?

There is something that the Islamophobes don't want you to hear about: the true side of Islam.Right here in Los Angeles, just one example of how Muslims are following the teachings of Islam. A clinic of volunteer doctors and physicians working to help the poorest of the poor in one of America's poorest community in South Central Los Angeles. Nearly all of the patients are non Muslims and they provide free health care to the people and this is an example of following Islam.

Now please watch these videos, especially the Islamophobes who are too scared to visit the neighborhood where Umma Clinic is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_p9dU5s3vg&NR

Here is a speech by Maxine Waters in the House about the contribution of Muslims in her district (South Central Los Angeles):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7AXl4kvbOINow ask the people what they think of Muslims...

5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salams,
i'm sorry if this is unappropriate for your blog.. but i came across this.. in memory of a sister that was shot in California last week :-( Allah yarhamaha

http://www.zaytuna.org/articleDetails.asp?articleID=108

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MashaAllah ... the video about UMMA Community Clinc ... it made me so proud. I fel in love with those ppl in the video. I don't think I've ever been so proud of my identity.

JazakAllah khair for sharing it.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding that sisters, that was not because of her hijab was the result of gang violence (MUSLIM GANG VIOLENCE - put the islamophobia card away).

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes. It really brings hope to me. I'm glad Muslims are doing something. mashallah.

I didn't know you had a blog. Do you mind if I put you on my blog roll?

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mahdi Ahmad said...

As salaamu `alaikum,

Thank you all for your kind words.

Ummah Zahra, please feel free to put my blog in your blog roll. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home